A great opportunity for deaf and hard of hearing children of all ages, and their families, to come together. All family, extended family and important people in your lives are welcome to come along and be part of our wonderful community!
- Deaf identity – connecting with others who are deaf or hard of hearing in a fun and supportive environment
- Meeting new friends – practicing greeting, listening to others, and co-operatively working as part of a group
- Self-advocacy – learning to identify challenges in communication in different environments and specific strategies to begin to manage these more independently
- Device management – an opportunity to explore how to explain your hearing loss and devices to others and independently manage your device needs both indoors and out.
- Family to family supports – share strengths and challenges of the journey.
Saturday 10th July for 2.0 hours
Where: The Village Church, 93 Canadian Bay Road Mt Eliza
11.30am to 1.30pm – All Welcome – BYO picnic lunch
Cost: $180.00 per family
To register: 59751500