You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. – Dr. Seuss
Starting school is a big milestone – for parents and children. It’s a big step up from Kinder and we want it to go smoothly for everyone. After all, there are 13 years of it so it’s important to make the best start possible!!
Our popular group ‘Get Prepped’ helps children and their families get ready to jump straight into school with confidence.
The program consists of:
- fun pre-reading and pre-writing activities
- oral language skills to prepare for formal learning
- beginning sound-letter links and early phonological awareness
- social communication skills (social thinking skills)
- practice at meeting new friends in a small group setting
- opportunities to develop independence within a group
- become familiar with school routines
- to follow instructions confidently.
September school holidays (6 sessions – 3 sessions per week) – Mon 23 Tues 24 Wed 25 9.30-11.30
Where – Peninsula Speech Plus -16/1140 Nepean Highway, Mornington
Places are limited. Register your interest by calling (03) 5975 1500.
If you are not known to the clinic a 30 min meet and greet appointment is required to ensure that we can meet your goals.