You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. – Dr. Seuss
Starting school is a big milestone – for parents and children. It’s a big step up from Kinder and we want it to go smoothly for everyone. After all, there are 13 years of it so it’s important to make the best start possible!!
GET PREPPED THIS SUMMER!
Get Prepped is a 6 hour program implemented across 3 days (2 hours per day). The group aims to engage children in fun and different activities that facilitate transition to more formal, class-based interactions and learning for those heading into Prep in 2020.
The program includes:
- Practice of school routines (i.e. mat time, recess, table work, taking the roll, etc)
- Fun pre-writing and pre-reading activities.
- Opportunities to develop independence – asking for help when needed and completing tasks.
- Practice in meeting new friends: how to greet, listen to, work and play cooperatively with others.
- Oral language skills to prepare for formal learning
- Beginning sound-letter links and early phonological awareness
- Social communication skills (social cognition, awareness and competency)
- Practice meeting new friends in a small group setting
- Building confidence to follow instructions
- Basic dressing skills
Where: Frankston Clinic 16 Davey Street, Frankston VIC 3199
When: 14th, 15th, 16th January 2020 From 9.30 a.m. – 11.30 a.m.
Places are limited. Register your interest by calling (03) 5975 1500.
If you are not known to the clinic a 30 min meet and greet appointment is required to ensure that we can meet your goals.