Crafty Corner – SPOT group
Arts and Crafts is our newest SP(eech)OT group.
Craft activities are great for improving a child’s speech, language and fine motor skills! Not only are they fun to do, but they also work on a variety of occupational and speech and language skills without even trying to.
Our targets include:
- Executive Function Skills- organising, planning and sequencing (arranging language, thoughts, information and actions) in an effective order
- Following and giving verbal directions
- Fine motor skills – enhancing hand-eye coordination and building levels of manual dexterity
- Collaborating with others
- Sharing ideas with others and asking questions
- Collaborating and sharing ideas with others
- Asking questions and making comments
- Fostering friendship skills (e.g. remembering facts and thinking about others)
Target age range – 6-8 years
When: Monday 28th September, Tuesday 29th September and Thursday 1st October of September 10am -11.30am
Where – Telepractice – so you can attend from anywhere!
Enrolments need to be confirmed by Thursday 24th to ensure that the package gets to you.
Cost – $445 (includes a parcel of materials)